Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Youth Differs (2004)

London(England)

All I see is hooded youth,
Hiding to be men.
Trusting in god to be gold,
And all else that glitters.

Durban(South Africa)

All I see is hoodwinked Youth,
Forced to be men.
Trusting in glue not to be cold,
and all else that sends shivers

I wrote this after having lived in London for 2 years, noticing the difference in problems that belie youth from a 1st world country to that of youth in South Africa. Having lived there I often questioned the bottomless pit of money with regards to benefits and all sorts of government handouts there. I arrived in this country, had no job and was offered a credit card with a £1000 credit when I opened my first bank account, excuse me ? lol! Thankfully I held out:) I guess it was a sign of things to come, that was 2004 before the credit crunch.

No comments: